Equal Opportunity Cell
The college’s Equal Opportunity Cell ensures that all students are treated equally and seeks to address deep-seated inequities in our system. It also helps weaker groups of students to avail of all permissible scholarships, financial aid, other facilities and privileges. Disadvantaged groups include SCs, STs, women, OBC (non-creamy layer), minorities, and physically impaired. From these factors, it is clear that a large segment of our country’s population is still disadvantaged and marginalized.
Objectives of Equal Opportunity Cell
- Monitor effective implementation of policies and programmes for disadvantaged groups.
- Provide guidance and counselling on academic, financial, and other matters.
- Promote diversity on campus.
Functions of Equal Opportunity Cell
- Ensure equal rights and opportunities for the College’s marginalized community and promote social inclusion in the College.
- Creating a socially comfortable atmosphere for academic interaction and for the growth of healthy interpersonal relationships among students who come from diverse social backgrounds.
- To help individuals or groups of students belonging to the disadvantaged groups of the society with problems related to discrimination.
- To address the grievances of the weaker section of the population and propose a mutually agreeable solution to their problems.
- Organize regular meetings to monitor the progress of various programs.
- Raising awareness of the College about the problems of SC /ST and other disadvantaged groups.
Dr. Geetha K.A, Dept. of Hindi
Dr. Jini Joseph, Dept. of Biotechnology
Smt. Teena p Varghese, Dept. of Chemistry