Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Center
IEDC is an undertaking of the Government of Kerala, under the strong mentorship of Kerala Startup Mission (KSUM), and serves as a platform for bringing successful entrepreneurs to the modern dynamic business world. The sanction for the setting up of IEDC in our college was accorded by the government in 2020. The main objective of the center is to inculcate a culture of innovation-driven entrepreneurship through student projects and to promote the students to start their own entrepreneurial ventures. Ever since its inception, various activities have been carried out as per the government guidelines to achieve this objective.
The Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Club of SPC aims to help students develop a spirit of innovation and entrepreneurship and to act as an institutional mechanism for providing various services including information on all aspects of enterprise building to budding entrepreneurs.
To inculcate a culture of innovation-driven entrepreneurship through student projects and to promote the institutional vision of transforming youngsters into technological entrepreneurs and innovative leaders.
Objectives of Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Center
- To create awareness and interest among faculties and students through workshops and Hackathons.
- To motivate, support and mentor students for identification, development and commercialisation of their innovative ideas.
- To create a platform for the young brains to develop their skills and to give proper technological exposure.
- To organize workshops, Business plan competitions, Entrepreneurship Awareness Camps, innovation Camps in the college.
Nodal Officer: Dr. Sona S Dev
Assistant Nodal Officer: Dr. Renu Susan Samuel
- Chief Executive Officer: Saranya S (Department of Biotechnology)
- Chief Operating Officer: Rebecca Mary George (Department of English)
- Chief Financial Officer: Suhani Yasmin (Department of Biotechnology)
- Chief Community Officer: Rincy Augustine (Department of Biotechnology)
- Chief Marketing Officer: Ebin Saju (Department of Library Science)
- Chief Technical Officer: Kevin Kavanal (Department of Commerce (SF))
- Chief Creative Officer: Sheena Ann Rajan (Department of Economics)