Electoral Literacy Club (ELC)
ELC stands for Electoral Literacy Club. The primary objective of the club is sensitizing the student community about democratic rights which includes casting votes in elections. We conduct mock polling activities to give the experience-based learning of the democratic setup. We also conduct cartoon drawing, debates, mock parliaments, elocution, essay writing and other programs which create awareness regarding electoral procedures
Originating in integrated civic and voter education and electoral participation right to make its utmost contribution to have an active democratic citizenry from a young age.
Objectives of Electoral Literacy Club
- To create awareness and interest among faculties and students through workshops and Hackathons.
- To educate the targeted populations about voter registration, electoral process and related matters through hands on experience
- To familiarize the targeted populations with EVM and VVPAT and to educate them about robustness of EVM and integrity of the electoral process using EVMs
- To help the target audience understand the value of their vote to ensure that they exercise their suffrage right in a confident, comfortable and ethical manner
- To harness the potential of ELC members for carrying the electoral literacy in communities
- To facilitate voter registration for its eligible members who are not yet registered
- To develop a culture of electoral participation and maximize the informed and ethical voting and follow the principle ‘Every vote counts’ and ‘No Voter to be Left Behind’